“Asset Reviewing, Planning and Reporting I Can Trust”
Client-focused Guidance – Fiscal-year Sensitive – Stakeholder-friendly Reports
Constructive CRC respects legislative and professional guidelines. Constructive CRC’s passion, expertise, and experience empowers stakeholders to align development needs and owners’ means
INTEGRITY AND TRANSPARENCY YOU CAN TRUST
We Hold Our Services to the Highest Standards
Our thorough, detailed, effective and time-sensitive services are based on full disclosure and compliance with Government Regulations, to protect you and your assets. We adhere to best-practise Code of Ethics, Methodologies and Guidelines to ensure that our reports stand the test-of-time:
Condo | Strata living in BC is legislated, mandated and supervised by the following bodies:
Strata living issues are to be mediated by the Civil Resolution Tribunal (CRT) | See our supporting documents and Codes of Ethics below:
- Civil Resolution Tribunal Act (CRTA)
- Civil Resolution Tribunal (CRT)
- Real Estate Institute of Canada (REIC) Professional Standards
- REIC Certified Reserve Planner (CRP) Designation Application Form
- REIC Certificate
- Liability Insurance
- APRA /Resources/Standards of Practice
- CCI Code of Ethics
- CAI Code of Ethics
These Associations and Organisations provide the methodology, guidelines and standards we rely on:
Our North American counterparts conducting reserve fund planning:
Canadian and International Organisations involved in component and analysis standardisation:
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Roofing Contractors Association of British Columbia (RCABC)
- British Columbia Building Envelope Council (BCBEC)
- Construction Specification Institute (CSI)
- Construction Specifications Canada (CSC)
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- International Standardization Organization (ISO)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- Building Officials’ Association of BC (BOABC)
Our work engages with and is respectful of these trusted home owner’s advocacy groups, Property Manager Associations, Condo | Strata Related professional organizations and law institute:
Jean-François Proulx, M.Sc., CRP, RI
Certified Reserve-Fund Planner
Few professionals have worked as a trade, contractor and consultant to construction, engineering and appraisal firms – fostering and righting depreciation report divisions along the way.
J.-F. was preparing asset performance reviews and plans for his clients years ago. His condo | strata residential construction, remediation work, project management, and professional report writing have made him passionate about reserve fund planning.
He has conducted detailed inspections, assessments, and effective depreciation reports of bareland, leasehold, townhome, low-rise, apartment and high-rise developments. He has experienced major repairs and replacement projects as a strata council President for many years.
He was a keynote speaker on depreciation reports at PAMA/CHOA’s Buildex Vancouver seminar. J.-F. is active in REIC National’s CRP Task Force, and is in the REIC’s Faculty training program to become a reserve fund planning certified teacher. He is a member of CHOA, CCI, BCBEC etc. and completes BCIT courses.
J.-F. believes that best-practice reserve fund planning can elevate all stakeholders’ standards and involvement, improve strata living, and lead to better personal and condo | strata financial decision-making.